Friday, August 6, 2010

The City Mouse and the Country Mouse

I guess I would be the city mouse in the country these days (the childrens literature reference is for you, mom). Its something I assumed I would embrace and I have for the most part. The peace and quiet, along with fresh country air has been an amazing change of pace- so relaxing and lovely. Every once in awhile I get a craving to be somewhere with a little more energy, but try to push that down and just enjoy my time here in beautiful Tuscany. Because before you know it, I will be back in crazy NYC, annoyed with tourists and locals who dont obey subway etiquette.

My days are spent with classes for 4 hours in the morning and then afternoons free. Ive been mostly relaxing in the apartment for a the bit and eating lunch, then heading out for some sightseeing. The main sights of Montepulciano took about 2 days to complete, but I have been making adventures for myself and taking different trails here and there. Yesterday, I hiked down a hill and back (very steeply!!) to a pretty little church on some farmland, then attended a wine tasting with school back in town. This weekend will be filled with some sidetrips- Pienza this afternoon (home of Pecornino cheese- could this be my trip to mecca?), and then Siena and Cortona this weekend.

Thanks for all the sweet messages- miss you all!

Hope all is well in your worlds-
xxoo

Wine tasting with the United Nations of classmates


La chiesa San Biagio

Fancy shoes

View of Piazza Grande after a long tower (Palazzo Comunale) climb up


Tuscan sunset

Me too!

After the rain...

2 comments:

  1. To my City Mouse-
    Maybe you can bottle the quiet for those crazy city days. Enjoy it while you can.
    Always follow that rainbow.
    LYL, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are seeing some lovely sights. Your classmates look cool. So much to see, so little time to have so enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing more pictures and reading about all your adventures.

    ILY Dad

    ReplyDelete