Friday, August 20, 2010

Hello Old Friend!

My last couple of days back in Rome! I did not at all intend on doing sightseeing while I was there, but as you will see, it just sort of happened. Things like the Colosseum called to me when I saw them in the distance. I figured as long as I was meandering, why not do it with a purpose? I ended up visiting the Colosseum and Piazza del Popolo, eating at my favorite pizzeria, which is photo-documented here, reading in Villa Borghese and on the Spanish Steps, and walking through Piazza Navona and Campo dei Fiori during my last hours in Italy. Whew!

I'll post a link to my entire trip album when it's complete, if you haven't gotten enough of the highlights here and/or have withdrawal. Until then... grazie mille amici! For following my travels and for all your sweet notes along the way.

Roma photos:

Really old, extraordinary architecture never ceases to amaze me

Nor does this!! Pizzeria San Calisto, I have been dreaming of you for 9 years, and you did not disappoint. Amy- I got extra funghi just for you!

Roman emperors looking over Piazza del Popolo

Literary references make me happy (this was in Campo dei Fiori)

Last meal (tear)! Breakfast in Piazza Navona

Loved being back in Rome! Fingers crossed it will not take me this long to return again.

1 comment:

  1. Ciao Bella,
    Glad that you are home safe and sound. It makes my heart sing that you had so many wonderful experiences. I loved enjoying your travels in spirit with you.

    ReplyDelete